View Single Post
Old 2009-08-23, 13:20   Link #8
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
You got a good point.

Actually, I don't plan on upgrading anything except maybe add more RAM to my XP as that 512MB is really lacking.. Is it possible to create a Vista disc without the actual disc? I know it is possible to create a XP disc based on the i386 folder but what about Vista?

Currently, I have yet to test the genuine XP disc I created as that I haven't bother spending time on creating some backup discs. Somehow, I have to restore my broken laptop to factory settings with a clean installation but I am sure Vista will do fine too. Not sure about 64-bit though.. Generally, my question is.. How to create a genuine Vista disc without having the actual disc? And also, will Vista 64-bit work on a 1.46Ghz Celeron M and 512MB RAM laptop? If it does, I can make good use of Ready Boost..
Use a program called V-lite which will make a disk, but Vista needs atleast 1GB minimum to run fast enough, so it's best just to get RAM since it's not very expensive, but by the age of your computer, your computer may only take up to 2 GB of RAM.

Also, I don't think Celeron M have any 64-bit capabilities, since it's mainly based on the Pentium M platform (which is stripped down in the Celerons) ... You are best staying with Windows XP since drivers aren't available on the newer versions of Windows since that computer is several years old and it won't support Aero graphics anyways.