View Single Post
Old 2012-04-26, 13:18   Link #28613
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendust View Post
Despite what Ange found. What I never understood why the a stuffed animal vessel of Sakutarou was necessary. We seen that Ange could talk with Maria/Sakutarou /the stakes without any physical vessel beyond perhaps a book.
Vessels give strength to the magical concepts. It's all symbolism. Maria saw Sakutarou die. Violently. By the very person that gave him existence. It's an emotional block difficult to overcome without a vessel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendust View Post
All Ange really needed to do was remind Maria that Sakutarou is alive regardless of its physical vessel or lack of one. In fact that in the "magic ending" that Ange later writes books about Sakutarou does prove the point that to pass on that magic a physical vessel beyond perhaps a book is not required.
Actually, I recently ran over that Golden Land scene in EP4 again, and I was thinking about how it connected to the Yukari ending in EP8 as well. It makes you wonder which of Ange's worlds that particular scene in the Golden Land with Beatrice and Maria actually represents.

EDIT:

In fact, it fits with the Yukari ending a lot better I think. It makes a lot more sense if Ange moves on from Maria's death by writing about ("resurrecting") Sakutarou, rather than by just finding Sakutarou dolls somewhere.

Last edited by Wanderer; 2012-04-26 at 13:33.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote