View Single Post
Old 2012-10-13, 21:05   Link #181
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I really wonder what interests the Russians and the Chinese are still defending in Syria for blocking UN decisions about Syria. Especially about the Russians... can't they sit at the table, talk with Western countries and perhaps come up with some form of a deal considering how blatant of a mess Assad made? It doesn't have to be direct military intervention, but perhaps a little something to help the Rebels. And if Russia find a way to agree with NATO, I'm not sure that jackass in Iran would take the opportunity to jump in and risk angering everyone who made the deal.

I mean: Russia and NATO found a way to have an arrangement in the Kosovo War, and the Russians basically ended up agreeing something equivalent to "OK, we'll let you hit Serbia and free Kosovo, but we'll have an eye on you if something goes overboard from you NATO people." Assad ain't that different from Milosevic in many regards, and Russia decided in the end that it was futile to be on Milosevic's side.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2012-10-14 at 06:04. Reason: Typo *blushes in shame*
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote