View Single Post
Old 2012-08-27, 15:15   Link #241
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah she was, but the issue I take is that you were making it sound as if it was her general principle to always go over the top when it was very specific to Claude and her interpretation of him.
Sorry,that wasn't my intent,I thought that by saying "on Black Butler II and the chracters she created for it" it'd point out that the quote was related to that.

Quote:
It was an anime original and the director specifically said she could do whatever she wanted. But Okada still wanted to keep in the spirit of the original manga.
When it comes to Claude and Alois yes but she was still being supervised when it comes to other aspects where the mangaka sent her approval

Quote:
Also, as for the story of Alois and Claude, I was pretty much left free to do whatever I wanted, but for the ending of Sebastian and Ciel I received the idea from Toboso-sensei,
Quote:
I was surprised because I thought wow, she's gonna let us do something pretty terrific. Toboso-sensei is really a person of high caliber (LOL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by haak
But we've been over this before and we know perfectly well what she's capable when she's not adapting anything: Ano Hana.
Even if i don't believe the crazy rumors born from that ANN post I do believe Okada asked for advice and she wouldn't have gotten the same advice from someone like Kawamori that seems to embrace her more over the topish tendencies.