View Single Post
Old 2013-01-09, 15:23   Link #5141
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchois View Post
This month, we again return to the past for a Katerina-Sabrina story.

Sabrina takes the name of her younger sister Katerina and becomes queen. By her husband Eric, she gives birth to the princess <Katereena>(1).

Sabrina's younger sister, the real Katerina, takes the name Six(2) Merquise and uses Wyvern to rescue Heero Yuy (the first) just before his public execution. Jay Null joins Sherwood Forest.
Thanks for the translation. So we're back to meowing robots and "Somewhere over the rainbow." And people prancing around in tights and shooting arrows from their bows.
On one hand that's good news for me, because I honestly enjoy the hilarity Sumizawa comes up for the Peacecraft sisters. On the other hand, I have to keep myself from groaning that Sumizawa wrecks the story's flow yet again by cramming flashback chapters where they don't belong. That reminds me, why is Heero Yuy being executed anyway? Or rather, what did he do this time?

On a side note, Eric Shergold is grossing me out. Not only is the guy old enough to be Sabrina's father, he had the hots for her when she wasn't even an adult yet. That's a huge no-no in my book. >_>
I don't remember, was Sabrina legal when they married?

Quote:
1)Sabrina's sister/Sabrina's false name = カテリナ (katerina). Sabrina's daughter (Relena's mother) = カテリーナ (kateriina). The difference is that the third vowel is more drawn-out in the daughter's name. Katerina versus Kateriiiiiiiina.
Huh. The カテリナ / カテリーナ thing might be the reason the dubbers named Relena's mother Katrina instead of Katerina. So... Katerina for grand aunt and Katrina for mom?

I'm also amused that the possibility that Heero and Relena are cousins still hasn't been ruled out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Million Voices View Post
hello ^_^ *looks around*

[...]I ll need translations for the other parts - as my japanese isnt good enough to read it by myself.... *though i can look at the pictures and read a bit*

as for translations, as far as I ve read in this thread, deacon translates FT and Glory of the Losers.... I tried to find it, but I cant find the site where you post it/upload it to...
Hey there. As far as translations are concerned that go past the site you posted, I'm afraid to tell you, you're sadly out of luck. Thanks to Deacon we have summaries of the chapters and some bits of his translation are thrown here and there in this thread, but there are no full, clean translations.
I'm afraid you'll have to wade through this thread, or at least through Deacon's posts, if you want to read those snippets.

By the way, I've started rewatching Wing (can't believe it's been at least a year since I last saw it) and I have to say, I severely dislike Heero in the first five episodes. He's like his loathsome GW manga counterpart.
In EW the creators go on and on about how he doesn't want to kill more people, what with the flashback of the little girl and the stuff he says to Wu Fei (and then there's also the whole Noventa debacle), yet in the first episode of the series he has no qualms whatsoever blasting a civilian shuttle out of his way. Like, for no reason, other than to avoid hitting the brakes. Never mind the psychotic laughter that never made any sense to me, when he fries someone.

I dunno, it feels as though the creators were still developing his character in the beginning and somewhere after episode 5 they decided to drop the craziness (which is the best thing they could have done, quite frankly). After all, it never resurfaces; even when under Epyon's influence, Heero doesn't act that crazy.

I'm kinda surprised the fandumb managed to completely ignore initial Heero being, while badass, a looney jerk, instead declaring its undying hatred for a fictional character (who's actually one of the nicest characters in the show), just because the creators gave her a pink limo and were stoned when they made her yell from that cliff...

EDIT: I forgot, chapter 19 (rhapsody III) of FT is available in Chinese. Anyone unable to speak the language can give it a go with Google.

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2013-01-09 at 15:30. Reason: link added
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote