View Single Post
Old 2008-10-12, 16:22   Link #80
coba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yes, I realize that, but we also seen that despite that, physical damage from physical sources can be caused to that armor, such as when Sergei's custom Tieren fought against Gundam Exia and grappled its head--the pressure from the hand was starting to affect the head unit. Phase Shift, on the other hand, negates any and all physical damage done, making it so that while its active, only energy weapons such as beam cannons and beam sabers can damage the mobile suit.

Unfortunately, we don't really have comparable situation with CE universe. However, one thing that I would probably have to bring the situation up is when Impulse stab Freedom with ASS's tip in GSD ep 34. I know that scene is still disputable (some say that the entire ASS including the tip is covered with the beam even though the scene does not show that), but it does not really rule out the possibility that if you put enough pressure over and over again, even the Phase shift armor will fail. After all, the way the phase armor works is by running some sort of energy to protect the armor like (in AD, Gundams likely use GN particlew to enhance the E-carbon). So logically if you put a lot of pressure to the PSA, you will eventually drain the energy and overcome the PSA itself.
coba is offline   Reply With Quote