View Single Post
Old 2012-07-14, 04:19   Link #2273
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Homura's current record is a disastrous 4-16. Any girl who makes post-season is at least going to need a winning record. Homura needs 12 straight victories just to get to .500

I like Homura, but there comes a point when you just have to accept that she doesn't have it. Maybe the first two Madoka movies will boost her for ISML 2013, but ISML 2012 is not Homura's year.

I'll continue voting for her in most matches, but I have no hopes for Homura any more. Not for this year.
Which is why I said a miracle would be needed! But what Homura really needed was to have beaten Konoe Subaru and Suzutsuki Kanade earlier in the period, got her boost a match early to take out Tōwa Erio and try a bit harder beat Kuroi Mato as well. From there, worm your way past Victorique and Aria and a Top 16 position would have been in reach. However, none of that happened. Close but never quite enough. Boosting from the movies for 2013 would be nice but I think Homura would do just fine if she can keep the level of strength she showed in nearly beating Mato.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
I don't think Homura woke up at all. A loss is a loss. There just happened to be enough people who didn't like Hanakana faction or Kuroi Mato to make things interesting, but if you check her entire Ruby record, Homura merely kept on getting the number of votes she almost always gets, and her haters again put in comparable amount of hate vote against her.
Not all losses are equal. A 45% on Kanade is worth way more than 49% on Gasai Yuno. Keeping the same number of votes against stronger opponents means you are getting stronger. Once again, getting 3000 votes against Yuno is way different than getting 3000 on Tenshi. Convincing 3517 people to vote for you over Mato is much difficult then getting 3493 to vote for you over Suzutsuki Kanade. Tachibana Kanade got 69% on Victorique which is roughly inline with my stats. If there is a anti-Hanakana faction they didn't show up today.