Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-01, 23:56   Link #2526
Tyr Valein

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroron View Post
what im trying to say is what make the nirvash so unique (the amita drive) might not be so special its self p.s my reference to axel was on hes mechanic skills not just the board.
I understand what you're saying, and am trying to politely infer that you are wrong.

List of things Nirvash typeZERO has done that no other LFOs in the series has done:

- First archetype ever found/found with Eureka
- Only LFO with room for two seats from the start
- Only LFO with the capability to exceed the specifications of its mechanical components (as stated by Charles when he couldn't catch up despite the Spearhead being superior spec-wise)
- Only LFO to ever use the Seven Swell (admittedly, with the Amita Drive)
- Only LFO besides theEND to move on its own/display sentience/converse with its pilot
- Only LFO besides theEND capable of becoming the Command Cluster (As stated by Dr.Bear when explaining Dewey's plan)
- WAS the shortest LFO ever due to the small size of its archetype, but became the first and ONLY LFO to grow in size and shape (to better accomodate a plane-like form), (noted by any of the Tresor scientists during the Nirvash's upgrade)
- was specifically stated by Norb to be the boat that was designed to carry Eureka and her human partner across the Zone to the Promised Land (Earth)

Did I miss anything?

Bottomline: The Nirvash typeZERO is VERY, VERY unique. Putting the Amita Drive on the Compac Drive in your Monsoono or Scud Bike will NOT turn it into a Nirvash or make it badass or ANYTHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The Amita Drive didn't make the Nirvash unique. Its archetype is what made the Nirvash unique. The Amita Drive only served to unlock that power.
EXACTLY. THIS is why I have a problem with so many Nirvashes all of a sudden. We know that RA272 is mechanical in nature and we can assume this new one is too. But they won't have what really makes Nirvash, Nirvash. And I think the writers might have forgotten that in their haste to be cool and awesome and hand out Nirvashes like cookies at a bake sale.

And don't forget giving those of us with epilepsy seizures with all the glowing eyes. It was cool in the original because it only happened only occasionally and before something really cool happened (usually the Seven Swell), but its happened more times in AO than it has in the entire previous series and for simple things, like just firing bullets or silly things like that. I'm thinking the writers just wanted to use that as a gimmick.
Tyr Valein is offline   Reply With Quote