View Single Post
Old 2009-02-24, 20:22   Link #97
Woodchips
つかれた!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Wait, what?

The stereotypical generalization (Or for the most part, the truth) of straight guys usually follows through as guys merely wanting to be damn lucky spectators; I haven't heard of a single guy anywhere in my anecdotal experience that would be willing to give up their gender just to be in the middle of some girl-on-girl action...
Uhh, might just be me, but I don't think that Fweakin actually literally meant that guys wanted to magically switch genders and then 'become lesbian'.

This is much the same in that not all yaoi-loving fangirls are illiterate, raving lunatics. My understanding is that that comment was more about the concept behind the stereotypical, fanboy/girl mentality than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
On the other hand, we see yuri fans in this very thread talking about how disgusting "yaoi" is. I'm not saying all yuri fans are like that, or even most of them are. My issue is with that somehow this is something only BL fangirls should be stigmatized for, when in reality it's a much bigger problem on behalf of "yuri-only" fans.
Agreed. I've seen more than a few yuri fans who are very much holier-than-thou when it comes to extolling the virtues of their genre, and then going on to rave about how 'revolting' yaoi is. I find it rather hypocritical that these are some of the same people who complain about others being too close-minded to enjoy yuri.

Ultimately there are going to be close-minded fangirl/boys of both genres who contribute negatively to the fanbase. Personally, I'm of the opinion if you don't like; don't watch it, and quit annoying the people who do.