View Single Post
Old 2013-04-26, 20:57   Link #229
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Not really- JC Staff always has a certain list of seiyuus that they fall back onto for their shows.

Kugimiya Rei
Horie Yui
Mamiko Noto
Itou Shizuka
Kawasumi Ayako
Koshimizu Ami

Their main protagonists are usually newcomers, while the veteran seiyuus be supporting cast.

And the supporting cast in Raildex is HUGE.
I don't have an exact measure of this at the moment, but a good theory regarding cast members returning could be related to producers rather than studio. Some producers may have connections with certain seiyuu and have them in mind when pitching the series to potential staff members. It's all about connections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Any certain reason why they make veteran seiyuus be supporting cast and let newcomers take the leading roles? I guess it is to give them more experience or something I guess?
As for this, one good reason to use newcomers for main characters is the lack of typecasting a new voice has. Look at all the attention a character voiced by HanaKana gets just because she's voicing that specific character. People already tend to typeset that character before an episode airs. Using a new person means you're able to appreciate the character for the character themselves.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote