View Single Post
Old 2013-07-16, 07:28   Link #139
Zeydra
A random passerby

I'm late to the party but I finally got around to watching this and just want to voice my general and likely highly unoriginal thoughts.

I would normally rate an episode that was this awesome a straight ten, but alas I for once will have to knock my score down a bit because of the stills. Normally they seem to use them in an artistic choice sort of way, but the one with Annie just clearly was done because the animation wasn't complete and ended up just breaking the immersion of the scene for me, and given the amount of time that was built up and was effectively the climax of Jean's misadventure it just rubs me up the wrong way. I would have been fine with stills being used for any part of that, but using some jarring stills followed by a drastic cut of venue is not on. Even a few stills of Annie saving Jean would have been preferable to what we got.

Complaints aside I loved everything else about the episode. Finally getting to see Levi in more than just an action sequence was really nice, as was the hole finally being plugged. Nice to finally hear Call your name get used as well, I was beginning to wonder when that was going to be played. All up a very nice episode and what I assume is an end to the Trost defence arc.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote