View Single Post
Old 2011-03-03, 08:33   Link #999
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
This is true, but they could have slapped her on the face with some tough love and tell her to grow up (besides Sheryl). They didn't. These are mistakes that are linked together. They didn't even need to smack her. They could have used some sense like Misa did to Minmay in the last episode of Macross. Minmay was young, immature but did bloom into a beautiful woman (she wasn't a bad person, but had a realistic coming of age).

I kind of wanted this for Ranka.
I think that we all did, and that may ultimately one of the reasons why so many of us ship Sheryl with Ranka because she did take Ranka seriously and push Ranka to do things on her own without relying on someone else, and step out of her comfort zone.

Quote:
I... agree. I liked the few times she looked pretty grow up, but they went for the defenseless kid so much... They could do moe and badass (episode 12!).
It seemed that at the very beginning of the series she would often see-saw back and forth between two looks before finally settling on loli-moe, and not even the badass kind either.

Quote:
His reaction to their future kiss scene does show some flustering attraction to the idea. I think he WAS infatuated with her, but attraction can lasts so long when there isn't anything meaningful to motivate a serious relationship (like when you see someone attractive on the street and makes you whistle).
Actually like I said before that was more surprise than anything else, once the initial shock of it wore off, he treated the situation with apathy. Considering what "infatuation" means in that context, I don't think that Alto had any kind of "passion" for Ranka. He just thought that she was cute, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that he was infatuated with her, considering that he avoided her.

Quote:
Kimagure Orange Road, anyone? Does anyone remember this infamous "love" triangle? Between a guy and a headstrong, tsundere ojou and genki, little sister-ly who looks up the ojou?

I keep hearing good things about this series but I never got a chance to watch it.

Quote:
It depends which Ranka version... I don't think movie Ranka has ANY issues with maturity. She can have boyfriends (or girlfriends), geez.
I was talking about tv series Ranka. Movie Ranka doesn't have the same problems.

[quote]To be fair with Yoshino, he never made it secret who he thought Alto loved. But most people dismissed his claims since he wasn't Kawamori... nevermind he wrote that and was involved too.

Yeah. Shipping wars are funny that way.

Quote:
Also, that poker card thing they released was spelling it out. I still need to find the pictures (if anyone knows where they are, please link?). King Alto, Queen Sheryl, Joker Ranka, Jack Michel.
Oh there were more signs than just that card set. There is the northern cross spread of Alto and Sheryl sleeping together then there's that Macross articles which only defines Sheryl's relationship with Alto, but not Ranka, even though they did the same for Nanase and Klan Klan. Then there are the various other promotional materials which had a penchant for showing Alto with Sheryl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Oh, go back and read what I put before in the last few posts. You're way behind on the discussion.
I think they are saying that based on what they had seen in the episodes and face it the tv series love triangle was heavily one-sided.