View Single Post
Old 2013-02-18, 10:08   Link #1091
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
What are your most liked/disliked areas in the game?
Like:
The way they set up their quests/events and how it's a huge open world where friends and strangers play together to do things. I love also how event bosses get harder and harder the more people join on in. There are plenty more reasons why I like the game but that's what stands out most to me.

Dislike:
The one thing that bugs me the most is the gear. I'm a typical MMO player that plays hardcore and runs dungeons nonstop for "elite" gear. What I mean by elite-type gear, I mean gear that is significantly better than other gear where you can notice an increase in damage output, defense, aoe, etc. I know that GW2 tries to maintain a "balance" among professions, playstyles, and gear so that they could cater to all types of gamers; however, I think they really didn't cater to gamers of my playstyle. Yes, there are legendaries, but as you (Archon_Wing) has said, you don't really notice a significant increase in anything with it. It's merely an achievement or trophy to show others that "hey, I got a shiny sword," but that's really all there is too it.

Simply put, I stopped playing ever since I got the Citadel of Flame armor set for my warrior and I saw no reason to run any other dungeons for gear that had the same stats (depending on what type of "stats" you were looking for) except a different skin (I had set my mind to get CoF set because it looks awesome xD). Legendaries didn't seem like worth getting due to the reasons stated above.

But of course, by all means this game was and is still freaking awesome in so many areas.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote