View Single Post
Old 2009-06-30, 00:00   Link #324
Ardee

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Buying something different probably breaks up the monotony. She has to go to the fair and do as Haruhi asks in order to have any hope of escaping the cycle, if things don't go as she wishes there's no hope.
My guess is this: she doesn't want to "interfere", which would be to make any decision the subsequent times that she didn't make the first time. Since even the first time, she had her choce of masks, then it isn't cheating to make an equivalent, different choice and see where that leads. Hmm, I wonder if she ever bowled a perfect 300? It's also funny that as recently as the previous new episode, BLR, she mentioned breaking protocol for "emergency mode"... which makes me wonder: how many tens of thousands of loops more would it take for her to start to think there might be an emergency? And she's probably kicking herself for not putting "go to the library" on the list the first time.

I have to say, in the previous episide I was disappointed they didn't clearly show all 3 of them on the bike, since I wondered how they'd manage that. (I didn't see the metal carrier). Imagine my surprise to get to see that scene from another angle the next week!