View Single Post
Old 2012-02-02, 16:15   Link #72
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

That's right now, while episodes are airing. Episodes threads tend to draw a lot of general series discussion to them while episodes are airing. Much of that discussion gets refocused into General Discussion threads after a show stops airing, though. And s, not long after a show has stopped airing, its General Discussion thread is often a mammoth mess.
Kind of forgot to mention this on my previous post, but the point of using Fate/zero as an example was also meant to say that this anime (which is not airing this season) is hardly getting new posts in the generic discussion thread.

In fact all of the animes with a sub forum of the last season has a pretty inactive generic discussion thread these days, not just penguin drum but Haganai, Horizon, fate/zero as well. Which is wierd for horizon and fate zero, because those series are getting a 2nd cour in april and i would expect that people would speculate even more because both series ended with a cliffhanger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
In any event, I simply disagree with a couple of your points. I think that you're mistaken about the impact that a symbolism thread could have on the Penguin Drum series subforum, and I also think that new threads on the Madoka Magica subforum can make a positive impact regardless of the timing of a Blu-Ray/DVD release.

Why not experiment with freer thread creation in a couple older series subforums?

If it works, great. Gradually spread freer thread creation out to other series subforums, and see if it continues to work.

If it causes more problems than it solves, then go back to a strict limited subforum approach, having gained some valuable insights from the experiment.

It doesn't hurt to experiment this, but somehow I am not sure if a new thread would make a sub forum that more popular. Like the dubbing of madoka , the madoka online game or the Steins;Gate movie were all threads made after the series ended. But those 3 threads didn't get too many posts and i am pretty sure that those 2 series are still more popular than penguin drum.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote