View Single Post
Old 2009-08-20, 02:10   Link #58
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Watched it properly, and my opinion didn't exactly change, so I will leave it with a 8.

This episode pace was a bit rushed, but fairly fine in content anyway although it is the presentation that might be a bit lacking. They didn't omit any important detail, so I was quite satisfied with the cuts (Jessica and Kanon scene might have been dampened a bit, but we know already the awkward situation between them before, so it is fine).

The main problem I have with this episode is perhaps the really crude balance of quality: there were so many still shots here and there that it isn't exactly hard to figure where they favored the budget (I believe they should have balanced the series as a whole, instead of dropping brutally the quality for few episodes).
The other problem I have with this episode is the lack of "pumping" effect by the rather "relaxed" mood between Battler and Beatrice and using suspicion (There are many occasions for them to use Dread of the Grave, but I believe Battler's first "victory" should have been associated with it, for better impact). That said, if they wanted to replace it, I think they should have used a fast pace BGM (not necesseraly from the game) instead of a very slow one.

Side complaint: Asmodeus' voice. No problem with the way how she express herself, but really: too-bloody-high-pitched (it becomes really forced when she pronounces any "K" or when she turns slightly psycho, calling kanon "cutie").
Satan's voice was quite fine, and there was no need for "wrath" in this scene, though I must admit I was expecting something more scornful and deep.
I wonder when we will have an endless surge of fanarts with Asmo and Satan playing instruments

On the other hand, they really got the gist of it with Beatrice's cruelty, it is really entertaining (and Ohara really sounds like enjoying herself ).

Episode 2-3: screencaps, summary (comments later)

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-08-20 at 08:42.