View Single Post
Old 2013-10-12, 18:16   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm speechless. This episode was godly. Holy shit, just holy shit. Nadeko became completely insane. She's actually been crazy since the very start of the arc. I had already been spoiled about Kuchinawa not being real, but I didn't think her delusions were that bad. As expected, Ougi was responsible for this, but only partly. All she did was give her the push Nadeko needed.

The ending was quite inconclusive to say the least. Nadeko has now truly become the final boss (that foreshadowing) but the final battle is postponed for another six months, which could mean we won't see it until the very end of the Monogatari series. I'm fine with waiting, I just hope they won't pull a Katagatari on us and skip it. I'm curious to see how this will be resolved. Will they be able to find a way to revert Nadeko to human? I don't want her to die ;_;

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgrnbluylw View Post
Okay, let me get this straight.... the arc ended up NOT getting resolved. I don't get any of the psychological themes of this episode, but I'll ignore those for now. As of now, Nadeko is still a god. Shinobu and Araragi are both barely still alive. For now, the arc remains unresolved. Please, someone tell me: is that correct?

And what was up with Nadeko's "preview"? I understand that she wanted to kill Hitagi then Shinobu then Araragi in that order, but does she want to kill Tsubasa and Suruga too? Their appearances confused me. Actually, so does the entire episode, for that matter.
Yes, that is correct.

I believe she wants to kill them because they are also women close to Araragi, even if they aren't his girlfriends. She'd probably want to kill Mayoi too if she knew about her existence (I don't think she ever met her?). I think she wants to erase every last trace of his "unfaithfulness" to her. She's gone completely yandere.