View Single Post
Old 2011-03-04, 01:22   Link #101
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
Kuroneko got some good scenes this past episode. I actually felt sorry for her when she was checking her blog, with only Kirino and Saori commenting, and I laughed when she got the call from Kyousuke earlier on. Calling a homemade Meruru plush a "dark artifact" was hilarious. And the looks her family gave her while she was LARPing (is it LARPing if it's over the phone?) were priceless.

Kuroneko is win.

I also felt bad for her in that episode, although I didn't really realize what you said about how only Kirino and Saori commented on her blog. I didn't really put 2 and 2 together when I watched that part. It seems like she really benefited from making friends with Kirino and Saori. So yeah that was a bit sad.

What I felt bad about, first of all, was that she is on the poor side. You see the run down sink in the kitchen with rust stains, and her room is very plain. You can tell how she is the poorest of all the cast. She must have to really save up for her anime and dresses, when Kirino, for example, has a modeling job and she can pay for anything related to her hobby with ease.

Also, there was another thing that made me feel bad about Kuroneko in this episode. I think the director meant to show a contrast in Kuroneko's life and Kirino's life. First, it shows that Kirino lives with a family that has more income. Also, it shows what they do on their days off. Kuroneko takes care of her sister by cooking for her and then watching some anime with her and then later on LARPs (and I think she LARPed alone; I think she was pretending to talk on the phone). I felt bad for her but also found her so endearing in this episode. In contrast, on Kirino's day off, she doesn't pay attention to her family, she just plays an eroge all day and absorbs herself in it. I think the director wanted to show this contrast.

Because of what was portrayed for Kuroneko in this episode, with her being in a low income household and her being on the lonely side, I found her to be all the more endearing.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2011-03-04 at 20:36.