View Single Post
Old 2012-06-15, 07:39   Link #28
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Well since you cleaned your case and the temperatures only seem a little bit better, the next thing to look at is either your PC case, the thermal paste has gone bad (highly unlikely) or you need a new aftermarket heatsink and fan.

Is your PC case a mid, full or mini size case? Air flow is important as it blows out hot air and sucks in cool air so the heatsinks and fans work their best. The computer cable wiring inside the case might also be another factor as it might be blocking proper air flow within the case.
Spoiler for Good PC Case Air Flow:

The thermal paste might have gone bad, I know certain manufacturers such as Dell, Toshiba use some very cheap silicon thermal paste that goes bad in 2 years.
Example of bad application of thermal paste or use of cheap thermal paste.

Last you can try an aftermarket heatsink and fan, however if the main reason for high temps is the case then buying a aftermarket heatsink won't solve the problem because air flow usually the main factor in cooling.
Spoiler for Stock vs Aftermarket:

Too be honest, 60-ish C isn't very hot for a CPU when you start getting to 80 to 90 that's when you got a problem as those are abnormal temperature readings. I usually like it when my computer runs cool because electronic parts run their best at cool temperatures and they last longer and plus I like a slient PC, however you gotta pay for said attributes.

Last edited by Wandering_Youth; 2012-06-15 at 07:58.
Wandering_Youth is offline   Reply With Quote