Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-16, 17:45   Link #2078
Arya

this episode was awesome This Second #2 is a frakkin genius. His gimmick is a win simply for that bloody cute Inaban ...
* recovering my composure *

Again the premises are really interesting given the digging-up-the-past the gimmick has as a side effect. Or vice versa, physically turning back to a determinate age is the side effect to get your memories back vividly.
I have to admit I got surprised by Aoki, I had quite given up on him, so I'm glad they are exploring him too.
Speaking of Taichi, it is fun that even the HSs are acknowledging his "white knight" persona, but that should be (hopefully) a clear sign that the writers are handling him intentionally in this way and so it imply that they have something in mind more than let him be simply his wk persona.
Now to be honest I'd like to see some Iori development, because they has thrown hints here and there but never focused seriously on her character. And things seem to worsen for her thanks to this arc. First because I'm curious, secondly because her issues seems to be the more complex and difficult to handle so let explore it and thirdly because they need to balance or at least explain why she is holding back her feelings. The whole love triangle so far does not exist, given that they keep showing us how a good match Inaban and Taichi are (from the first arc up to date).
Inaban anyways is always awesome, in her "mum" version at the very start of the episode, in her child version and even when she is herself. I liked how they keep her traits, but giving them a positive light, making it clear that she has changed.
Ops, did I lost my composture again? damn Chibi Himeko

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote