View Single Post
Old 2012-10-21, 12:59   Link #609
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Dang, that exposition bot took up wayyyy too much time. It was not the most subtle of devices.

Anyhow, aside from that, this was a great episode. That monk provided some level of entertainment though as with the rest of the series his intrests remind a secret. We do know the children are in deep shit though, as they who know too much often will have bad things taken with them. They can't go back, even with the best assurance.

So one thing I really like about this show is the atmosphere of paranoia. It slowly built during the episode and cut off just at the right time. This gives a degree of anxiety that I would say is done better than many a horror film attempts to do. It doesn't help that they realize that their inner thoughts of violence are being suppressed and having the truth revealed makes them afraid of themselves, as well as those around them. This will not end well.

We are in a society that has protected itself by witholding information and surpressed the feelings of the masses. Every attempt has been made to water down sex and violence to avoid the small chance of someone getting too loose. Unfortunately, humans just don't work that way and once a crack is found, we have people that aren't equipped to deal with the things they encounter.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote