View Single Post
Old 2009-12-16, 19:23   Link #55
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttak View Post
Well, I didn't read Higurashi VN, but the anime was the one who dragged me into the When they Cry series. It wasn't a good adaptation, but I really enjoyed it. But for this one (Umineko's), I don't think the same thing is happening...
The same thing is happening with some. Which is probably why some non VN readers are still watching and complaining about our complaints (which are warranted even if they are annoying to read).

It might have turned away a lot of Higurashi fans however because Higurashi and Umineko are two different stories, so people who were expecting something similar were disappointed. I know a couple of my friends were. But I know another friend who watched Higurashi and loves that and Umineko.

So in the end it's all about tastes. Higurashi season 1 was butchered way worse than Umineko is... doesn't make Umineko good. It just means that people who don't know of the original source won't have much to compare it to.

DVD sells might be an example of you being right though. Not too keen on that sort of thing myself, so I couldn't tell you.