Thread: Yuri
View Single Post
Old 2010-05-27, 17:02   Link #15
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I've come to the conclusion that there's no yuri anime worth watching.

Kannazuki no Miko was okay, but random Humongous Mecha was distracting.

Marimite is zzzzz.

Aoi Hana is slightly better but still zzzzz.

Strawberry Panic! is a stealth parody of the yuri romance genre (it's basically a big Take That aimed directly at Marimite's heart), so it's good, but for different reasons.

Someone needs to faithfully animate Hanjuku Joshi with no censorship. Then we'd actually have some yuri worth watching and less of this Class-S bullshit.

Edit: You should watch Simoun, and not just for the yuri. The music is pretty damn epic and the story itself is very solid. I'll amend my previous statement; there is only one yuri anime worth watching.

Edit #2: I'll just come out and say it, if I'm watching yuri, I want to see them have sex. Too bad Hide Your Lesbians is the unwritten rule for most animated work.
Personally, I'd have to disagree with most of this. Sex is fine, but mostly besides the point. The relationship and characters are what it's all about. Hanjuku Joshi is okay, but have you read Girl Friends, Manga no Tsukurikata, and Strawberry Shake? All are vastly superior choices for a new anime (along with many other more minor manga, ie not many chapters).