View Single Post
Old 2010-08-14, 15:51   Link #74
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
The disappointment talks are stemming from the fact how underwhelmingly 1-3 performed. There just weren't enough material to convey it to fans like myself about their respective abilities and strength. The whole thing in an essence has been a clusterfuck. I actually needed to make my own observation and come to my own conclusion to form any kind of opinion in regards to 1-3, i.e. the number of opponent they fought and etc. Number 4, Ulqui, absolutely overwhelmed Ichigo in his Vaizard form. Not only that, Uliqui, then transformed to a second stage to strike home the difference of level. Aside for Barragan in select moments, everyone else struggled. They did not come across as overwhelming at any point as far as I'm concerned.

I actually cheered when Aizen cut down Hallibel. His statement to Hallibel pretty much sums up the 1-3 ranked espada. Quite overblown in reputation. Disappointing!
Well despite plot reasons and Uliqu being an opponent of Ichigo (which major opponent of Ichigo didnt seem uber at first?) if you want to put some sense in the varying demonstations of power with top 4 espada - maybe its because of setting?

Hollow powers get a boost in HM right? Consider the 11 sec time limit for Ichigos mask in the real world, being amped to a whole battle length and regenerating after being cracked/shattered.

I mean anyone wonder why when Uliqu R1 first transformed Ichigo felt as if he was being rained down by Uliqu' reaitsu...? When Espada 1-3 released none fo the captains standing before them even so much as flinched?

What could this mean? HM may have boosted Uliqu powers from at least 20% or higher? Ichigo may also simply be not as experienced or trained to have the type of mindset the other captains had when facing their Espada opponents.

Whos to say Uliq R1 wouldnt have struggled if he indeed was fighting in FKT with the other Espada. From Ichigo's eyes all his opponents seem uber strong...and hence the readers as well...

Just a possibility