View Single Post
Old 2012-01-10, 00:21   Link #41
immblueversion

You know the thing about "Redacted"? While it certainly does look awesome and I'm looking forward to whatever the finished product is, well...to be completely honest, I'm not entirely sure what it is, other than that it's a fanfic about a fanfic about what happened on Rokkenjima, or something along those lines. As far as I'm concerned, part of it is set in 1996, but now Renall is saying something about it being "contemporary" (i.e., set between 2000 and 2010). Is that the setting for Redacted, or this new short story that's pictured above?

In fact, this brings me to another point relating to the short story. If I've read the above post right, this new story is set in America, and the characters shown in the story are completely different from those in Umineko (at least, that's how I see the portraits "not jiving to the people I remember" to mean). Apparently this story is supposed to take place in the early 2000s and not "Redacted," but I still can't say for sure.

There's another thing that confuses me: at the beginning of that preview video, we see Eva and Hideyoshi, or at least characters who resemble them (I'm just gonna call them that), and they open a door. In the next scene, I initially pictured Eva and Hideyoshi dressing up for some costume party (after all, the characters are acting like the loving couple they tend to be) before revealing their portraits to be those of...
Spoiler for ...in case of a plot twist...:
This may sound like a stupid question, but are they actually Eva in Hideyoshi in costume, or are they entirely different people altogether? Because the latter seems a lot more likely.

Also, what's the title of this short story, anyway? Is it "Depicted: Varying Degrees of Cleverness," "This Summer Comes," "A Night Out In California," or something entirely different, if it even has a title at this point?

I just feel totally lost; in fact, I think all this description of the project is making it seem more confusing for me. Of course, this confusion is not exactly bad, per se. On the contrary, it makes me anticipate things even more.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote