View Single Post
Old 2013-11-30, 16:41   Link #7675
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He definitely has not been punished enough. If he doesn't get a fine or suspension, then the NFL is as good as saying that kind of thing is not only allowed, but endorsed, as long as you're on one of the ref's favorite teams. And we all know the Refs absolutely adore the Steelers and Patriots, at the very least.

Also, just to point out, Rex Ryan got flagged for this last week. Except he wasn't ON the field, and he didn't interfere with the play, he was just on the white too far in for the ref's liking. But Tomlin? He was on the field itself, caused a player to have to change course (and likely slow up a bit to avoid crashing), and forced the ref to swerve around him. Yet no flag. If there isn't further action from the NFL, they'll lose a LOT of credibility. Intent (on purpose or not) should only affect severity, not occurrence, of an NFL enforced penalty.
You know I was being sarcastic there my friend. Of course he isn't being punished enough.

The chance the NFL fining him is a good possibility, though if you were to say if the amount will enough then no. The NFL don't fine coaches and players enough to highly influences the chances for it to not happen again. At best I see only a 25 thousand fine. That is not enough. The fining of Rex Ryan was most likely to create a stir to attract media attention to make more money. The same thing will happen here. A small punishment for something serious is a normal occurrence. Only when the time of a situation like Aaron Hernandez or if someone is stealing money from them when the NFL will heavily throw out punishments.

Its a matter about what is good for business to make the most money, not good for football in the eyes of the NFL owners, and Goodell and his staff. I am not a big fan of this and so are a lot of people including you, however its a reality that it is. The only good thing about it is that it is not at the level of the NBA yet.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote