View Single Post
Old 2008-11-19, 06:38   Link #55
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
I've been thinking about something for a while that's been confusing me, maybe someone can shed some light on this...

Going by Zeon designs, How exactly does a monoeye provide different angles of vision? By which, I mean that many cockpits in the One Year War had three screens, foreward, left, and right. Do you think the monoeye was a kind of panoramic lens, or could it have other methods of providing video to the other screens?
I though the general opinion was that there are actually far more cameras on an MS than just on the head? It's just that most of the processing computers of the visual data ended up on the head, as such if you take out the head the whole mecha goes blind?

I had also always assumed that the "eye" was just a far more advanced camera that would be too expensive to have more than one of. Like having something that can see multiple light spectrum's and aid weapon/target tracking. One of the reasons only Gundams in UC have two eyes is that it cost too much to have two eyes in a GM.