Thread: Licensed Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-25, 10:45   Link #252
Midonin
Last Engage

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai 03 - Quantum Sister

A lot of information, but the setup of the world has been almost completely demystified. Or rather, completely mystified. Now that we know the boundaries set up by the end of the story, it's a matter of playing within them. I think there's more of Japanese mythology that can be explored, though a cursory glance at Wikipedia informs me that the author starts moving onto myths from around the world beginning at Vol. 5. Though I don't know if the anime will reach there.

The third arm sequence is proof that if one wants someone to handle weird and surreal animation, there's no better choice than Shaft. Some of the things Sasami did with that arm (like drinking while using both hands to type) was a little odd, but I know that was the point. The fractured fairy tale at the start set the tone and theme for the rest of the episode creatively, as well. The show's off to a good start, and I'm curious to see where it will go from here. Even moreso now that the ED's been properly animated. But not properly sung.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote