Thread: Licensed Ro-Kyu-Bu! [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-15, 13:29   Link #258
Seiryuu

I liked the way Subaru's handling the girls' weaknesses and giving them a chance. On the downside, it looks like he's having a couple of the girls focussing on one single thing enough to give them trouble later, since they perfected the ability to shoot from one spot but will have trouble shooting from anywhere else. That sort of training can produce bad habits that are useful or hard to notice in such positions. Still, with an incredibly short time to work before the game, I guess it became necessary to to some bad training for quick results. Also, his lie to Airi may just break her heart when she figures it out. Still, the girls all showed that they really aren't in this for fun and games, but because they really do love the game and want to improve.

I'm not sure, but I get a slight feeling that Subaru's going to have Hinata play a rather unique role in the next ep.
Spoiler:

The BD/DVDs will be interesting it seems. Lots of mist in the bath scene. I kinda wonder whether they'll leave some of the sticky mist in like so many shows, or whether they'll do like they used to do and just not give any real definition and show all.

Anyway, it's been made pretty obvious that the lolicon factor is going to be a plot point. Subaru's only four years older than the girls, and in a couple years that will have little meaning, but right now it's dangerous. And before any sexual tension developed, Subaru already was showing signs of a good form of love for Tomoka. I think his developing interest in other things is to a good extent a reaction to the girl having an interest in him. Hinata was just a fluke reaction and not lolicon, more like the way that you'd react seeing a poor, sad puppy.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote