View Single Post
Old 2011-09-28, 06:20   Link #642
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I also have to admit that I tend to think of Infinite Stratos as a harem show first and a moe show second, which is the opposite of what I think when I look at the Key-KyoAni collaborations, Haruhi, Angel Beats, and a few others, hence its not something that tends to come to mind for me in moe show discussions despite Charlotte being among my favourite characters, well, ever.
Interesting, how would you distinguish between a moe show and a show of a particular genre with moe characters? For example is IS more of a harem then Haruhi is sci-fi or Kanon is drama? The only thoroughbred moe show I can think of among the top sellers is K-on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Oh man. That little bit of Nichijou I watched makes me think it barely qualifies as anime, much less a masterpiece.

Then again comparing stuff to Usagi Drop is never fair, I guess.
Heh, why not? Usagi Drop and Nichijou are textbook examples of faithfull manga interpretations. Both Kyoani and Prod. IG chose an artstyle and color palette that fit the source material, music scores that enhanced the mood, and both benefited from great direction to bring scenes to life.

I wouldn't go as far as to call either anime a masterpiece. Neither improves upon the source material nor does something unique with it in an animation sense. Just good two examples of animation craftsmanship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
On a side note... Regarding Munto 2009... Could it be that it was a farewell project for Tomoe Aratani? According to Raito-kun she was one of KyoAni's veteran animation director back then. It seems that she left after Munto(2009) and After Story were done. According to him she now works for Nintendo.
It's possible but afaik Munto is Yoshiji Kigami's pet project. He is currently part of the management and was one of the first directors of Kyoani.

Last edited by Bri; 2011-09-28 at 06:46.