View Single Post
Old 2011-01-14, 12:50   Link #3009
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDragon View Post
I thought Alastor din't take part in the first war against Snake which is why he was trapped rather than killed.
Oh yeah. I was probably talking about the possibility of Snake and Alastor fighting would destroy the world. Yes he was trapped before without any conflict with Alastor that was my mistake.

It's still discussable if Snake and Yuji share a 50/50 connection with each other in terms of who controls the body. A majority of people lean to the fact that Yuji has "very" small control of his body while Snake has "alot" of control in terms of it being 95/5. The 5 percent being able to observe or gain info on what Snake is doing and thinking about it. That thought is very likely though I still think of it as a 50/50 percent.

But during the battle on the bridge in Novel 16. Yuji went about telling Shana that he was not in control of Snake that is why I assumed he shared control as long as he and Snake shared a common goal of "changing the truth of the world" by creating a new world where Tomogara and Flame Hazes can live peacefully together where Tomogara no longer need Power of Existence in order to survive. So far the only way to defeat Snake of the Festival is if Shana used Tenpa Jyousai. Before the battle of the bridge, Yuji came back to the city and remembered all the peaceful days he had with his family, friends, shana, everything that made me believe he still had a sense of control over himself.

For those people who want more information about Snake of the Festival.

Quote:
""The Snake of the Festival", the Crimson Lord with the black flame and silver shadow who is one of the true gods of the Crimson World and is the founder/true leader of the Bal Masque. He is later reborn and merged with Yuji, whom he honored by telling his subordinates to refer to him as "Sairei no Hebi" Yuji Sakai, unlike other Lords who used mythological names of angels, gods or demons. When Yuji first activates the Fuzetsu on his own, the presence of the silver flames indicates an omen to The Snake of the Festival's return into the world, for the silver flames were a tool created by the "God of Creation" himself to collect necessary elements in his revival."
Quote:
Locked inside the Treasure Tool are two entities. One is "Eternal Lover" Johan, the lover of Pheles who created the Treasure and . The other is an entity referred to as "the Silver", a being whose existence dates back to the time when "Interpreter of Condolence" Margery Daw was still a human being. "The Silver"was placed inside Reiji Maigo when pieces of Taimei Shihen were forced inside by "Destructive Blade" Sabrac when he attacked Pheles and Johan.

In later volumes of the novel, it is reveal that the reason that Bal Masque seeks Reiji Maigo because it is one of the necessary Treasure Tool to bring back their god, the "Snake of the Festival", the Crimson Lord with the black flame and silver shadow who is one of the true gods of the Crimson World and is the founder/true leader of the Bal Masque. "The Silver" and the pieces of Taimei Shihen were placed inside Reiji Maigo for that purpose.
But Snake was still imprisoned in another way (aka: his true form) and using the Reiji Maigo was a way for Snake to finally release himself from the imprisonment that was set upon him. Eventually after sending the Bal Masque against the Flame Haze forces, he and possibly a group of other members went about to free his body. That was by the time Shana escaped her imprisonment and rendezvous with the Flame Haze army before the battle to stop Yuji from releasing Snake's true form. But that lead to no avail (Sabrac made his appearance during the fight) but was killed by Snake's true form, but during his death he said something about who he loved.

Then Snake's true form appeared during the major battle between Bal Masque and Flame Hazes and made the Flame Haze army run in fear to (Was it Hong Kong?) there they devise a plan to stop Snake before his new world is ever created.

Marcus H. Dint you say that Shana became a Flame Haze at around the time when Hong Kong became a bustling city? Where we could interpret that she is about the age of Yuji? She became a Flame Haze at the age of 11-12, so if only a few years passed ever since the contract between Shana and Alastor was made. She might just be the same age as Yuji.

Now I get a more clearer view of why Season 2 became such a huge filler. After reviewing back on the previous novels before Snake of the Festival came into play in Novel 15. It seems novels ?-14 were most of the time comprised of characters from other countries and with that in play, J.C. Staff wanted to center Yuji in the anime, not these other characters in the novels. So dishing them out and skipping alot of side character novels by making up some fillers.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-01-14 at 13:21.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote