View Single Post
Old 2012-09-25, 09:54   Link #149
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
That would be the simplest way, though the first question is have any of them even seen real pens and paper? They've grown up wearing a neurolinking computer that lets them write in mid air as though it were paper, using it to leave messages, and so forth. "Write it all down physically" is probably not their first thought for "ways to preserve a record for if/when BB is uninstalled."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
For me, I committed the unforgivable sin of growing up in a jungle in the middle of nowhere, without access to all these fancy toys, hence why I lean for simpler solutions.

You raise a good pont though - I can't recall seeing any pens or notebooks in this series.
I know that this series takes place 30 years into the future, but I doubt physical writing instruments will ever truly go away. In fact, I know many professionals that still use wood #2 pencils (myself included) despite the plethora of neat, technical writing instruments available today.

I agree with both of you. Writing it down physically seems to be the best solution for preserving memories that might be erased. However, I also agree that most of the kids in the show most likely have never even thought about that.

Endless "Old school" Soul