View Single Post
Old 2009-05-02, 12:21   Link #11
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
About leading it to the right direction. My problem with that concept is, that it doesn't have a finite, limited, concrete "state" when one could expect the objective to be finished.
If it's economic recession, it unreasonable to assume there are guarantees, it's going to be the last one. If it's the unemployment rate, it's unlikely everything will stay as they manage to achieve etc.
Even if one of them points the country to the correct direction, I believe without some involvement it's unlikely to assume things would never change without some desired adjustments time to time.

My problem with the whole game is, that it's not possible to decide when is someone "hitting the finish line".

Additionally, I have no idea why would the Supporter thinks the brain surgeon guy did a poor job. He basically almost managed to tackle one of the aspects Japan actually suffers from (remember GITS: The Solid State Society from the SAME creators). I refer on the fact how he tries to give jobs for the elderly no one would give jobs anymore, especially to take care other incapable/disabled elderly. If that's not the right direction I have no clue what it could be really. Because he died when he still had money left, it's fair to assume the supporter may believe that's not the right way to win.
Of course it's possible the Supporter doesn't support (haha pun) the proverb "the end justify means", and by bribing certain people (and spreading corruption by that, which is also a likely candidate to win by eliminating it, even if it's not so realistic) the Doctor crossed the undefined line in the eyes of the Supporter.
About the problems of economy, emplyement rate, if you think about it you'll understand that number V was right when he said 10 billions are not enough to do anything about that. Even the whole 120 billions wouldn't be enough. It might be an astronomical number for a single man but not for a whole nation.

In the case of number V his failure was either because he completely misunderstood the real objective (it wasn't anything economically related) or simply because he might have done a good thing for the local area, maybe for the whole prefecture, but Japan is a big ass archipelago. Also the people that mostly received a benefit from his doings where elders and that is probably not what the Outsider is concerned about.

In the end we don't really have a clear idea about what Outsider wants. It could even be that Japan is going to face an apocalyptic crisis and seleçao are supposed to prevent that. Maybe there is a precise enemy to defeat, who knows. Or maybe the Outside himself doesn't know. He just know that there are people that want to change the country for the better so he give them a chance to try anything they want and then he decides if they really did something useful or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolcat3 View Post
Oh no, I don't even think Akira was trying to kill her. Like I said, I think he was just trying to get the polices attention.

I'm pretty sure someone mentioned this before, but i think it may be to do with Japan being too submissive to America. It was said in the Trailer and in episode one that thw White House seems to be the centre of the world. I think it will have significance later on.

I also want to note that during the first episode, the guy in the red car said "Looks like No.9 is more unique than I had expected. But it ends here"

I wonder what he meant by the last bit.
That sentence is what makes me think he is actively preventing number IX to accomplish his plans. After viewing tons of anime i can state that "owari da" is a line that is almost invariably said by the villain who think he's going to put an end once and for all on the heroes's attempt to save the world.
Juiz says that she is disappointed, and that means IX was very promising however he failed or was going to fail in the end.
The disappointment could be either because Akira had a change of agenda, or because his agenda was stopped. But if the seleçao we see is the supporter (and it's highly probable he is) then the former case is more probable. And if he is the supporter i don't think he's there just to observe. Which again brings me to idea he was there to stop Akira.

Therefore my theory: Akira was doing a good job, the NEET stuff was seen as something very promising. However Akira probably found out something and decided to enact a completely different plan, he was going to do something against the will of the Outsider, hence the disappointment. The Supporter became aware of this and followed Akira to the U.S. to stop him. The supporter stopped him by making him listen to the mindwipe sound in the worst possible moment hence he says: "koko de owari da" (he is specifying "here").

The things i can't explain is why Akira was naked and what is Saki's involvment in this whole story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I still think that the critical junction for the story is not exactly the true identity of Akira, but rather the exact reason as to why he had to get his memory erased at that exact same moment he was supposed to shoot something or someone.

My gut still says he was aiming for Saki, but time will tell if I'm right.
I think there is almost no doubt he was aiming to Saki. If you look carefully you'll notice that. The position of his arm, the direction he was facing, the direction he was looking at... the two cops aren't even close to that, and there isn't really anyone else.
However i still have the feeling there's something amiss, so i don't know if he really wanted to kill her.