Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-20, 01:19   Link #965
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
They are in no way ignoring the spirit of the story. What they did was combine scenes the novel has Maou explaining everything about the potato to Hero then later going to the convent with samples to be cooked for the nuns. During the Knights scene in the novel and manga she catches on quicker because going through all the other information would be redundant. Really the scenes don't play out very differently with it taking maybe 5 extra minutes for Knight to see all the implications .
I'm not saying they are ignoring it, but I do believe they are doing a really half-hearted attempt on trying to reveal how important the introduction of the potato is to the nation. It is no stretch of the imagination that Hero calls this crop a miracle food. Just look at the reactions between the manga and anime.

Quote:
Frankly I can't talk much about this due to the absolute no spoiler rules an this board. All I will say is I think by adding this something that happens latter won't seem like it came out of nowhere as much as it did in the manga
The rule prevents anyone from spoiling future material. Material that has already been covered by the anime is free game. As long as the poster doesn't let slip any details that might reveal future events in the story. Drawing comparisons between certain scenes that occurred in the manga and the anime is not forbidden by the mods, as long as it doesn't tread into spoiler territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
LOL That itself is one big statement that Yuusha himself thinks it exist no matter how you cut it . I don't have to proove the Spirit does exist nor I'm saying it actually exists. Once again, I only have to proove that Yuusha feels it exist.
This is silly. I said that Yuusha never explicitly states that Spirits exists. In the anime he actually confirms that he talks with the Spirits. In the manga, all we ever really get is that he has a feeling that the Spirits do exist, which is my original point.