View Single Post
Old 2010-03-24, 15:01   Link #60
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I have to sort of agree. I don't hate The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. And I can understand why people would love it. And I've also studied enough philosophy to know what's going on. But seriously these types just aren't for me. Comedies with no actual plot or anything are never gonna enter my favourites, even if they do make my sides hurt, because that's just not what I'm looking for. In any case, i didn't think it was that funny anyway. The first six episodes were boring really. I didn't know whether or not I was meant to laugh or take it seriously. The episodes after that were way better, but I've seen funnier.

Yeah the characters weren't that great. Haruhi was unbearable. Koizumi was Blandy McBland the Blandest man in Blandland. Nagato was okay. In fact I actually kind of liked her. Mikuru, not so much. Yeah I can understand why she was so weak, but eh...So to be honest, the only character I actually liked was Kyon. But the group had none of the cohesiveness of an actual gang of friends like in Toradora! for example. Koizumi for example, barely interacted with Haruhi at all.

No, I haven't watched season 2 yet. Is it actually any better?