View Single Post
Old 2012-12-01, 05:52   Link #11
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Except, of course, the part where it ignores most of what is actually interesting in the novel and inserts stuff that never happened in the book, screws with characterization, adds lots of gratuituous hot two girl action just for the sake of it... anything else?
I obviously disagree, but I have just started reading the novel. The extra scenes help with understanding the setting and characters better, in between.

Quote:
(Also: only hot two girl action. The part with Satoru and Saki? never happens in the manga. The whole thing with Satoru and Shun? I haven't seen the relevant chapter and I'm not interested enough to find out, but I'll eat my favorite cap if it is even implied, let alone shown. Even though it's kinda-sorta very important.)
They haven't reached that point in the story. Should they tone it down though, I will obviously reevaluate my opinion, as happened with the anime after the 5th episode.

Quote:
If you like the manga better for whatever reason that's cool, but it's not a faithful adaptation at all. And while I say there are adaptations that can capture the mood of the original even if they're not very faithful adaptations, this manga? is not one of them.
The story flows a lot better, character designs are more detailed, and the action sequences make sense... those three are total failures in the anime.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote