View Single Post
Old 2013-02-10, 01:04   Link #118
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
sekaikage? i do agree that naruto is already beyond hokage level. i still think he will be hokage since its been his motto since day 1 but i do like the idea of sasuke becoming hokage and naruto becoming jesus and walking the earth. he certainly cares about everyone as opposed to just konoha. he'd basically be the next So6P and preside over all ninja given his ridiculous power
Oh I love traveling ninja stories (Jubei from NinjaScroll comes to mind ). I think it would be a great read regardless of who would take this role, but I see Sasuke as more of the wanderer type who occasionally shows up back in Konoha for a special episode/arc. I feel theres really nothing much for him to do in Konoha. I'm sure he'll eventually be accepted again once he reconciles with Naruto, but for him to be Hokage just seems awkward. Naruto just feels born for that role, even besides him stating its his dream for hundreds of chapters, but also that he so intensely LOVES his village.

I do like the irony of Sasuke as the Hokage, since that would mean that an Uchiha is finally fully accepted as part of the village and he is tasked with watching over the village he once condemned and hated, but with his personality, the wanderer role seems better suited. He doesn't have much of a meaningful relationship with anyone there (except perhaps Kakashi, or Sakura if you want to push it), and to me it would be fitting for him to travel the world, spreading a world paradigm of peace learned from Naruto and righting the wrongs that he happens to come across, considering how much wrong and controversy he has managed to cause himself.

Naruto traveling would be a great read also, considering he was tasked to spread peace throughout the world; it also makes sense. As I said, I think it would be a great read regardless of who wanders, but Sasuke as the hokage just doesn't feel like the best fit. Even after reconciling through whatever means (saving Naruto's life, saving the entire village, etc.) I just don't see the people loving Sasuke as much as they love Naruto.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote