View Single Post
Old 2010-11-20, 22:15   Link #61
Mikachiru
test

Jessica and George should be in this too (probably will).

Anyways, the HUD does resemble BB... No barrier, from what I can see. Instead, it's replaced with a Break Limit bar... I'm gonna guess the golden wing thing next to the BL bar is probably the guard bar.

Maybe there'll be more characters to unlock, like beating Kanon's story mode or whatever unlocks Jessica and Shannon unlocks George and Ange unlocks Maria and Bronove or Virgilia unlocks Gaap (gonna guess since I see Gaap in the background of the webpage. Probably doesn't mean anything, but meh) so on.

Also, even though Ange has control over other characters which would (probably) mean amazing set ups/bnbs, I don't think she'll be broken. Carl and Zappa last time I check weren't broken. Well, CT Carl was, but then again, so was Rachel, Nu, and Arakune, and they make up 1/3 of the game, all of them top tier. Carl was hindered from being top tier by his:
  • Crappy HP
  • Terrible defense
  • Slow start up of alot of his attacks
  • No dash (had a hop with quite a bit of recovery) or for that matter, good mobility (air dash was okay. His walking was good, though. And his shota roll was good too as long as you didn't spam it or be predictable with it).
  • MU with Rachel. Lol at 30:70, Rachel's favor.

Of course, he had very good pressure and an infinite on everyone, Rachel (possible if she had no wind left) and Hakumen (who can counter out of the loop) aside. None of this stuff means anything as long as you get one hit in. Technically, it's possible to combo off of anything he uses and infinite loop them. As long as Ada (the doll he uses to combo with) was alive, he could infinite. If not, then lol Carl's screwed. Unless he could somehow wait for Ada to revive with his crappy mobility...

This was fixed in CS:I, the sequel. He was balanced out to have no infinite and some tech stuff removed (I believe his j.2C Allecan was removed, making his only good over head unavailible). He's mid now and arguably the most balance character in CS:I.

Not saying Ange will be like this, but I do think she won't be top tier because of having setups with Sakutaro and the stakes.

TL;DR

Ange will be most likely high or mid, depending if the balancing goes well. She'll have some weakness, like in all fighters. Whether or not they matter is a different story.

Finally, Kanon and Jessica will be top tier. Get @ me.