View Single Post
Old 2006-10-22, 12:47   Link #522
Harukalover
In exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power2All View Post
.... people never learn to stop themself from flaming don't they -_-
Anywayz, MKV/MP4 fanboys too much here...
I believe I approached your feelings on H264 in AVI with sincerity did I not?

It's rather rude to just ignore my questions... -_-

EDIT: Ignore earlier statement. I guess you just didn't notice the post at first. :P

Quote:
@Harukalover

Yah I understand MKV does all have those other features.
It's just I don't see the point in using them if I don't use them at all.
If you have no use for the features then there's no reason for you to encode to them. (Though the official support for H264 I believe should be enough reason for there use) I do think a lot of it's features are worth the format change and I hope you have tried them out before but it is your decision whether to use it or not.

Quote:
AVI with H.264 works just well.
If the B-Frame is a hack, so be it.
Nobody, except you "pro's" are complaining about this since nobody else have problems with it.
I've seen regular viewers complain as well. Usually something along the lines of the audio going out of sync since it lags in video. While in an MKV/MP4 H264 video never lagged for them.

Quote:
About the upscaled raw is because the upscaled raw was recorded that BIG.
Don't ask me why tho, but it looks good in the end tho XD
I hate to be an ass and am in no way looking for a fight. But you even admit it's upscaled here... (Resized to 1280x720). The show isn't airing at that resolution. I only bring this up since I have seen the video and it is rather blurry and oversmoothed. I really suggest using a different raw. (There was some really good 704x396 ones)

Though I know you did a Low-Res version. (Guessing 704x396?) I hope you used a raw at that size originally and didn't resize the 1280x720 one to that did you? (I can't say if you did since I didn't get the chance to check it out yet.)

Quote:
H.264 in AVI just works splendid sofar and I have nothing to complain about
There's many that wouldn't agree with that statement. But I believe that's for your testing and to learn through your own experiences if facts can't do it. I won't join in on the attacks others have done because of this fault.

Last edited by Harukalover; 2006-10-22 at 12:58. Reason: Typo
Harukalover is offline   Reply With Quote