View Single Post
Old 2013-05-12, 14:13   Link #4337
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
With the decline of EPL comparing to other leagues, unless United massively improve under Moyes, it will need some upsets for United to win another two within a decade or two.

I mean since last winning with a great squad of Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney.... United has been lost in CL every time they have to face an European power house such as Barcelona, Real and Bayern. Now we can throw Dortmund and Juventus (back) into the mix, and winning CL will require outstanding form or miracle more than ever
Barcelona, Real, Bayern and United are the four highest earning teams regardless of league status and imo the only realistic regular contenders for the CL final stages in the foreseeable future. I don't think that is very competitive environment.

Juventus and Dortmund have impressed this year but can they remain competitive over time on half the budget of the other four? Milan, Inter, Liverpool and Arsenal have faded away. Chelsea, City and PSG might catch up, but only time will tell.

Currently Barcelona is in rapid decline. This Bayern side is on the upswing and due for a title soon. Real and United are in transition. That balance is continuously shifting over time. I'd be surprised if all of them haven't won another CL by the end of this decade.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote