View Single Post
Old 2009-10-14, 07:41   Link #1271
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Yes, but that doesn't mean he was a detective in the same sense. In other words, there's no guarantee that he had to follow these 'detective rules', only that there has to be some clue that he isn't the 'detective' in EP5.

Edit: By the way, I'm not sure Dlanor even knows the truth here. I'm just saying it's possible.
Honestly this is the kind of thing that I don't really like. Unfortunately I can't say it can be completely ruled out, and I've seen many instances where this is possible and plausible. But in the end it all comes to one thing: a problem of definition.

"Killed" maybe doesn't mean "killed"
"people" maybe doesn't include "furniture"
"detective" maybe doesn't mean "detective" as in ep5

I don't like these. This kind of reasoning defies the purpose of the red truths. They are supposed to help us, not trick us. If a red truth blatantly tricks us, then what's the purpose? Any red truth can be dismantled and turned inside out if you change the definition of the words.

And yet I have to admit there is probably a trick like that somewhere. Maybe I could pass on "magic" being mentioned in a red truth, but if it has to do with something that was never questioned before, then I'll feel betrayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
There isn't. We know this for almost a fact. The only people we can truly suspect are the 16 people left who haven't been denied as culprits, or confirmed as dead.

The only problem is the constant "no more than X number" during the red declarations. Now that's suspicious.
The explanation I see is the fact that dead people do not count as people. That's something I always thought and it found confirmation in ep5. Beatrice can't say an exact number in this case.

The first time she said it 6 people were already dead (including Kinzo), she couldn't possibly say "There are only 18 people in this island" neither she could say "There are only 17 people in this island", both of them would have been false at that time.

Also she can say "There are no more than 17 people on Rokkenjima, this apply to all games", but she cannot say that "there are exactly 17 people on Rokkenjima, this apply to all games", because the number isn't constant, it gets lower and lower as time passes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
It could very well be Rudolf and Kyrie, as they do survive to the end of Ep5, for once. But would Rudolf really be that much of a bastard? (Don't answer that...)
Personally I don't think it can be Rudolf. This "young man" introduced himself by using "ore". Later on he uses "boku". I don't think this is Ryukishi's error, so it must be an error of the person who makes the calls. And if Ryukishi made this error so evident, then it must be a clue.

Changing the way of talking was a poor move from this "prank caller", Lucky for him, Natsuhi doesn't prove to be very witty (if she was smart she would have thought that the "aki" card was a cheap trick). Anyway this "boku" was an error, therefore this person is acting, he's playing a part and he forgot a particular about his part.

If you think it this way, it can't possibly be Rudolf. Because Rudolf would never accidentally use "boku" instead of "ore".
It doesn't work the other way around. Let's say from the beginning the actor was supposed to use "boku" but he mistakingly used "ore", even if he later noticed this, it was better to keep consistent.

Another explanation is that there are two different persons playing this part. However yet again I can't see how the "boku" person could be Rudolf. He can be the first caller though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post
On the matter of Genji's "Death"... How can we be SURE he's alive to begin with? The mysterious 19th man/19th person/Killer/Mastermind could slip in if Kinzo's most trusted aide followed him to the grave before the game began.
You mean that the genji we see is actually an impostor?