View Single Post
Old 2011-01-25, 11:01   Link #248
BarryW

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroro gunsou View Post
I agree with your opinion. Minori didn't actually love Ryuuji.
I guess Minori did not spend time with ryuuji enough to fall in love with him...
I don't think she was in love with him in the beginning but she was attracted to him. Think about how friendly she was with him from the beginning. Minori is an expert at the indirect. Think back to the beach scene where they talk about ghosts and ufos. She talks about not believing in things she can't see. Ryujii hasn't even told her he likes her. She's talking about that. She doesn't know how she feels until he actually tells her he likes her because she can't believe in something that she hasn't seen (his love). If he had just come out and confessed to her she would have reacted positively. The tragedy is that she is liking him more and more but also knows how close Ryujii and Taiga have become. She also loves Taiga and that sets up the tension in her. Her attraction to Ryujii appears in her mind as a betrayal of Taiga. Breaking Taiga's ornament symbolized all of the fears she had of betraying her. When she sees Taiga's breakdown she's resolved to not get between them even though Taiga had denied (again) that there was nothing between her and Ryujii.