View Single Post
Old 2008-12-01, 06:05   Link #688
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Charles couldn't possbily predict that Lelouch would find C.C. Lelouch getting Geass was something Charles couldn't plan for, and he sure as hell couldn't plan for the type of geass Lelouch got.

Charles may be smart but he can't predict the future.
Of course but the reason why Lelouch got the Geass is not a generic fate, is somehow a consequence of his father's plan. Or at least that's what it seems from ep.21, even if CC's contribution to that part is still, at least to me, blurry.

Quote:
Also in both interviews and within the story itself its stated that Lelouch died for the price of using geass, that shows morality.
But what is Lelouch's Geass if not the ultimate denial of free will?

People do crave for their freedom, but they have limits - grudge, principles, prejudices, arrogance, sense of betrayal, their affects and belongings - they are not able to overcome, and they keep on hurting each other, oppressing each other. It's frequently said that you do not realize how precious is something untill you lose it - Lelouch's absolute tyranny and his final abuse of Geass was a mean to make the world realize how precious freedom is, and that cohesistence was the only real way to say 'Never again'.

Paradoxal as it is in the execution of the plan, it's the right of everyone to be free Lelouch's been fighting for, this is the message this story left to me. To me at least.

(gotta rewatch Endless Waltz.. I don't remember a damn thing about it! )
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote