View Single Post
Old 2010-09-24, 14:00   Link #228
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Sometimes i wonder why people bother to reboot a series at all, i mean it is ok if the original team tries to do it, but getting external people just ends up in a cock up. Just have a look a Perfect Dark and Perfect Dark Zero, how they try to rewrite Jona Dark's history, which ended up being completely weird. Instead capcom should have told ninja theory to create a new IP for them, although capcom seems to have bad luck with foreign created new IPs lately.
It was explained quite clearly in that Eurogamer interview.

Basically, there's nothing wrong with the original Dante per se, just that they wanted it to sell more copies. Bobby Kotick would be proud.

Personally, Capcom should be focusing on improving the current setup they have so far. To switch developers and reboot the entire thing is too drastic and jarring for fans who have recognized a character, with his own continuous story, and who has become iconic within the Capcom pantheon in his own right.

Dante is no Megaman who can easily have multiple incarnations in different settings. I mean, how would fans feel if Street Fighter got such a reboot?

I think it would help Capcom and Ninja Theory's case if they actually show some gameplay footage of the actual game, which we all know won't be released anytime soon. People are left with imagining this new DMC with Heavenly Sword gameplay in their heads, and that's not exactly the DMC that fans want to see.

Last edited by kujoe; 2010-09-24 at 15:22.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote