View Single Post
Old 2012-10-18, 18:10   Link #309
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Ghost vs Archangel
I'm more on Ghost side, unless outdoors with squadsight snipers. Not sure how Archangel gets you from one point to another more quickly when Ghost gives +2mov, or how Archangel gets you first strike when Ghost gives stealth. In fact, I think stealth is almost downright cheating.
Wow I'm really in the minority here.

Archangel like the Ghost armour provides +20 defence and allows you to bypass obstacles and prevents you from getting flanked. Plus you have a clear line of sight barring any major objects to everyone on the field.

It's a godsend when you got chrysallids and berserkers coming at you and your all flanked so by taking up into the air not only do you defend yourself but you all get a free shot at them. Granted I suppose Ghost has the same with stealth but you can use the armor longer.

Quote:
-Skip Lasers

Seriously, biggest waste of time IMO. Barely an upgrade from ballistic weaponry, and light plasma essentially replaced laser weaponry by itself. Better to research Firestorm or Armor in the mean time (Weapon Fragment for scope is a godsend IMO). The only thing worth is the first research if you use a lot of AR gunners, since the basic AR sucks so bad as its effective range is only short.
Just a question...since I'm grinding before even getting to the alien base if you get to plasma does that mean the Mutons will come into being? Or do the more advanced aliens come in as you go through the priority missions?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote