View Single Post
Old 2008-08-05, 09:52   Link #65
Eagles
Char clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post
Ah yes. I missed that.
Doesn't really matter though. He was handicapped, by himself. Of course, he lost. But I think this was about who was more skillful. How does defeating a person, totally not interested in fighting or even killing you, distracted and by preparing cum training in simulation battles with the ability to replace parts count as skillful?
you do have a point, I guess can't help but fanboy over that fight. I wish more gundam pilots would do some creative tricks like Shinn did in that fight, you know throw his shield and reflect his beam, ram kira with his core splendor and throw his old parts at freedom. Those kind of tricks get me giddy in a way that Kira in Strike was unable to. That's probably why I say I thought Shinn was better than Kira, Impulse vs. Strike.

Quote:
It's like you level up and max out all of your status in a RPG and going to whack the final boss once and boom, he's dead. No challenge.
I guess thats one way of putting it.

Quote:
If I'm not wrong, it's just about who's more skillful. It doesn't have to be decisive.
Kira managed to get a hit on Shinn(when he was dodging his DRAGOONs) before the chest cannon attack, and he wasn't in SEED mode.
Ah, I see your point. With neither of them in SEED mode and both with their WoL Kira was better, you're right.

Quote:
Yet Kira was distracted when he rushed to him with his ASS. Not to mention it's far-fetched how the beam in the ASS can stretch out far to penetrate Freedom's Phase Shift. Plus Kira chopped off Impulse's head. If he wants to he could slash at the cockpit. Bye Shinn.
eh, lets not go down this path again, we'll just say that it wasn't a fair fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Eagles - "Why so serious?" The fact that we tend to disagree on many matters does not mean we always have different opinions.
very true, very true.
Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote