Thread: Licensed Love Hina
View Single Post
Old 2004-06-25, 16:59   Link #59
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Love Hina was the first manga I ever read. I can't quite remember how I stumbled upon it, but I found the scanslations somewhere and started downloading. I was hooked from the first chapter. I found so much I could relate to: at the time I was a 19 or 20, no girlfriend, and....well I was in college but I was having a hard time. I loved how the characters were developed, and I only got more addicted as I continued reading. After I finished it, I read it again. And then I think I read it again after that semester. Then one summer day I was browsing in a bookstore and saw the first volume of Love Hina on the shelf and I was like I bought it without hesitation. Then I read Love Hina again (read the volume 1 book first, then the rest on my PC). Then I learned of a bi-lingual version and I though "Hey, that could help me with my Japanese studies!" So I bought all 8 volumes of the bi-lingual version (which unfortunately only cover up to about the first 6.5 of the actual volumes). Then I read Love Hina again. And again once summer ended and the semester started. My brother got into it too and he started buying the rest of the localized volumes. All together I think I've read it front to back 6-7 times now, I've lost count