View Single Post
Old 2012-02-07, 08:00   Link #64
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
How many tried this tactic before?

In order to save money, you would purposely transfer your scientist to another location before the end of the month. Because they were being transfer, they didn't get paid.
More work than it's worth, in my mind. It requires that you have two bases and enough empty beds to allow the transfer. By the time I have a second base set up, I would have a full engineering team working 24/7 making craft weapons to sell for a profit.

More importantly, I don't like the idea of scientists stop working for any reason, even if only for a day or two. In early game it is more important that all the research is done as fast as you can.

An update on my current TFTD game; I am arguing with myself if I should allow the lobstermen aliens to build a base in the Mediterranean. All logic state that I should; it means regular zerbite AND lobstermen for reaction training for my rookies. And the Dreadnought that would appear guarantee that I get my final Lobsterman Commander to get the final research upgrade. But deep down my irrational side is kicking and screaming, telling me that I should shot down the scout ship. Silly, huh?