View Single Post
Old 2012-02-07, 09:18   Link #69
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
To be fair, for most kinds of ammo (heavy plasma) you really shouldn't have to manufacture that kind of stuff. Just regular combat will ussually net you plenty of it. The only stuff I would think you would have to manufacture yourself would be blaster bomb ammo.

But yeah. If your supply bases are LITERALLY overflowing with the stuff, then you'd probably sell it off with the schwag.
My current TFTD game sort of encourages making ammo. The lack of lase weapons and the flaws of the common Sonic cannon means the two best guns in the game, Sonic pistol and sonic blasta rifle, would need ammo made unless you abuse Mind Control and make every alien walk towards you where they can get power drilled to death.

EDIT: Just cleared out an entire Dreadnought using nothing but mind control and power tools. See alien with scout, mind control alien with backup soldiers, alien march towards scout, scout poke alien with the pointy thing. I even captured the commander using his own stun bomb.

EDIT2: Just found out the aliens built their base right next to the Vatican. Hope the aliens can tolerate their new neighbours, because they are going to be there for a very long time. I guess the reason why I am finally trying the supply raid trick after so long, because I am now too powerful and sink all the scout ships. So all the major missions just don't happen anymore. This alien base would keep my zrbite stocks up. I am also sick of tasoths, so regular lobsterman missions would be great.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-02-07 at 13:09.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote