View Single Post
Old 2012-10-07, 02:37   Link #234
Trans-Fat

I might be the only who feel this way, but I felt that it was rushed a little bit. I feel that these past 2 episode should have been done in 3-- 1 episode for the fishing, 1 for the skeleton boss fight, and 1 for the Kayaba fight-- as I feel there would be more development. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the episode. 9/10 as I felt it was being rushed.

As for Asuna-should-be-dead, I have some theories about it also.
1) Players do not die unless Kayaba terminates the player; ie players who die will have their death info sent to Kayaba where Kayaba can choose to "kill" them or not. In this case, Kayaba either did not terminate Asuma or forgot.
2) Like others said, it might all be choreographed. Kayaba might have given an unknown title or power to her, without her or anyone's knowledge, that allows her to die and get revived only once. Similarily to how Kirito was granted the ability of duel-wielding.
3) Kayaba might have grant her some power as to Kirito's wish, which also might have cancelled out the paralysis.
4) It was shown during the duel between Kirito and Heathcliff that Heathcliff can access GM command or hack without having to use his finger commands (like when Kirito was about to slash Heathcliff but he "hacked" to avoid getting hit). Kayaba might have "hacked" the program at the very last minute before slashing Asuna to allow her to revive from his hit.
5) Kirito and Asuna still has another AI with them (not sure which has her) in the form or Yui's heart. I am guessing the latter has the item. It was never said that the heart was useless or inert-- perhaps Yui's heart allowed the paralysis to wear off Asuna-- and saved Asuna from Kayaba.
6) Asuna HAX or used an exploit. I mean it IS an mmorpg, and every mmo's can be hacked and exploited.
7) Asuna didn't die because the author didn't want to kill her off. If this was a shonen LN, then yeah 'nuff said. Look at Naruto, Bleach, etc and all who were supposed to be dead.

edit: since there has been some debate about Asuna's "death", why not create a thread specifically for it?